Monday, June 16, 2008

Gift

Now lemme start by telling you that I have not really celebrated my bday as i used to when i was kid by having a bday bash.Then I used to get gifts and all frm everyone.
But for the last around 8 years I havent had a bday bash ..mostly dinner for friends and family and I buy myself stuff that day itself.I did not really realize this until last couple of years.
A couple of years back a girl asked me what I wanted as a bday gift..and I was like anything you feel like..and she says that I cud have anything..I said that she is intelligent enuf and cud jst give me anything she feels is gud fr me..
Now cut to my bday last year...I gave a lunch treat to a couple of my gud friends and they gave me a small gift..I did not even expect it ..but the moment was so compelling to me in the sense that I had not had a gift in so many years that it really touched my heart..I had become so used to just celebrate it with my frens with a food and what not(minus the gifts..) that I had just forgotten the importance of a gift.
this year again i was asked the same thing by another girl..and again i ws dumbfounded..
But i jst realized that gifts howsoever small mean a lot ..and though i have written this before my bday I dont want anyone to read this and give me sympathy gifts..
Though I will never forget the gift I recieved last year..

No comments: